Sunday, July 31, 2011

Kamakura (Originally posted March 23, 2009)

About an hour from Tokyo is the little beach town of Kamakura. It's not a place you'd really want to go swimming, and you shouldn't walk and eat at the same time--or else the hawks will get your food.








There were vendors selling grape lollipops at the first temple we visited.






We fed some giant koi fish. I was told that koi never really stop growing, so you can imagine there were a few biggies in the pond.



Getting ready to hit the beach.

THE MIGHTY PACIFIC. It was the first time a few people had ever seen it.













Don't let it fool you; there was so much glass all over the beach that I didn't bother to take my shoes off.









Then we hit another temple which was the most beautiful one I've ever seen. It's called Hase-dera, and it's amazing.
















Then off to the Daibutsu, a giant Buddha statue. The temple around it got burned down a long time ago, so now he just chills out in the open.







Supposedly those are his sandals.

And my favorite picture I took that day:

No comments:

Post a Comment